The RM of Stanley has an extensive network of potable water systems. Below you will find some common questions and answers regarding the water utility systems.
You can view the Annual Reports at the bottom of the page to find out further information on the water systems.
To view Pembina Valley Water Co-op's Use Water Wisely Brochure for urban areas including conservation tips, click here. For the brochure for rural areas, click here. Pembina Valley Water Co-op has also made an informational video about their organization that you can view by clicking here.
When water use restrictions are in place, please refrain from using municipal supplied water for things such as filling of pools, watering lawns, washing vehicles, and other outdoor non-essential uses of water. Please also limit garden watering as much as possible. Please consider using alternative sources of water through either private wells or municipal bulk water wells located "HERE"
Please contact the numbers below to hire water haulers during water use restrictions:
- Silver Eagle Yard Services (Dylan Maksymic) 204-823-0234
- Pembina Valley Water Transport 204-332-0977
- Great Plains Oilfield Services (Walter Hildebrand) 204-249-0475
- Ryan Young 204-825-7312
What do I do if I need a water hookup?
Call the RM administration office for the required permit.
When do the water bills get mailed out?
Water reading notices are mailed out on a quarterly basis: March, June, September and December.
Water is billed on a quarterly basis and mailed out in January, April, July, and October.
Outstanding water accounts will be added to the tax roll for the property. Interest at the rate of 1.25% per month is charged on overdue accounts.
*Attention Landlords/Renters*: All correspondence (reading notices, bill, etc) is mailed to the owner of the property.
What areas of the municipality have water services?
A major portion of the municipality is serviced with potable water service.
To find out if there is water service in your area or to find out how to get water service contact the municipal administration office.
Where does the water come from?
- The Massey system receives water from an aquifer located on the escarpment in the south/west area of the municipality.
- The Cheval system receives water from the Minnewasta Lake.
- All other Stanley owned water systems receive water from the Pembina Valley Water Co-op which treats water from the Red River.
- The Border Valley Water Co-op is an independent water Co-op and provides potable drinking water for the village of Reinland and surrounding area.
- The Blumenfeld/Hochfeld Water Co-op is an independent water co-op and provides potable drinking water for the villages of Blumenfeld, Hochfeld, and surrounding areas.
Who determines the price of water?
The municipality sets the price of water through a by-law approved by the Public Utilities Board. The Public Utilities Board acts as a regulator of prices for utilities in Manitoba.
For more information on the Public Utilities Board visit http://www.pub.gov.mb.ca/
How do I get water service to my property?
Contact the municipal administration office for information on obtaining water service.
Where can I find additional information if there is a Boil Water Advisory?
- Drinking and making ice
- Preparing beverages, including infant formula
- Preparing food
- Brushing Teeth
Those signed up for Connect will receive notices through email or text, along with a notice when the Boil Water Advisory has been lifted. Click here to sign up for Connect.
Click here for Boil Water Advisory Fact Sheet #1
Who can I contact about questions/concerns?
- For emergencies regarding any Stanley utility system call 204-325-4101 and press 7 when prompted.
- For general questions or inquiries contact the municipal administration office. Email: email@example.com or Ph: 204-325-4101
Private Water Well Owner Information
Owning a Private Water Well is the responsibility of the land owner. All proper permits and applications are required to be filled out, and can be done so through the following contacts or links:
- Water Use Licensing Section - 200 Saulteaux Crescent, Winnipeg, MB - Phone 204-945-3983 - Fax 204-948-2357 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information on Managing an existing well
Who do I contact for line locates?
For water line locates, please contact Click Before You Dig at 1-800-940-3447 or visit www.clickbeforeyoudigmb.com
- 2008 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2009 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2010 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2011 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2012 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2013 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2014 Schanzenfeld Utility System Annual Report
- 2015 Utility System Annual Report
- 2016 Red River Regional Annual Report
- 2017 Red River Regional Annual Report
- 2018 Red River Regional Annual Report
- 2019 Red River Regional Annual Report
- 2020 RM of Stanley Public Water System (Red River Regional)
- 2021 RM of Stanley Public Water System (Red River Regional)
- 2022 RM of Stanley Public Water System (Red River Regional)