Mennonites settled the village in 1875 as part of the West Reserve. The origin of its name, translated from German, means "new mount" or "hilly area".
Neuenberg is a small village located approximately 8 miles south of the City of Winkler and has remained active over the years.
Click here for a map of Neuenberg.
Neuenberg Community Centre
The former Birkenhead School, located in Neuenberg now closed since 1993 serves residents as a community center which includes an outdoor skating rink & playground area.
Run by volunteers, the hall charges rental fees to cover the maintenance & operating costs.
Contact for Community Center: 204-362-5561