>> Read the latest on the UPDATES page.
Over the past several weeks homeowners across our community have shared their views on the proposed sewer system – by taking our survey, and in letters, phone calls and emails. We want to extend our sincere appreciation for the feedback you’ve shared. We are now working to explore different options and scenarios to address the feedback received.
The initial community survey conducted last month was the first step in a consultation process that will help the Municipality understand the needs of residents as we work towards what an actual sewer proposal could look like. Also, we are still awaiting a response from the federal and provincial governments on the funding application to cover 73% of the total cost of the project. Without the funding in place, the project will not move forward.
Here’s what you can expect in the months to come:
- Survey results (December 2019): Survey results will be made public. Results will be tabulated and analyzed, and a survey report will then be posted on the RM website.
- Community update (December 2019): Once the survey results are available, we will clearly communicate the Municipality’s response to the survey findings, including how we plan to address homeowners’ concerns.
Current status of the project – The RM of Stanley is awaiting a response regarding grant funding. It’s anticipated that The Government of Canada and the Government of Manitoba’s Investing in Canada Infrastructure Fund could cover as much as 73% of the total cost of the sewer project.
Please note that we do not know when or if grant approval will come.
- If grant funding is not approved: The project will not move forward, and we will advise the communities of such.
- If grant funding is approved: The Municipality will create a sewer proposal that reflects how we plan to address concerns raised and take additional steps to consult with homeowners.
- Community open houses: If grant funding is approved, we would schedule community open houses where homeowners could speak with municipal officials about any aspect of the proposed sewer system. All open house information would also be made available online. Residents would not need to wait until an open house to ask questions. We welcome thoughts and questions at any time.
- Community update: Following the open houses Council would report back to the community to outline changes that can be make in light of additional feedback received. The Municipality would confirm the final sewer proposal to be made to the community and request a response from homeowners to determine if there is enough interest to proceed with the project.