About Stanley - History
The Rural Municipality of Stanley was incorporated in 1890, and named in honour of Baron Stanley, the Governor General of Canada at the time. Baron Stanley also donated the Stanley Cup of National Hockey League fame.
 
The R.M. includes many small, Unincorporated Urban Centres, and surrounds the Incorporated City of Morden and City of Winkler.
 
The municipality has experienced rapid growth in the past number of years.